How to get started
Before you can learn to drive, you must apply for a provisional licence. To be eligible to apply for your provisional licence you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a resident of Great Britain
2. Meet a minimum eyesight requirement (please refer to http://www.direct.gov.uk )
3. Be within 3 months of your 17th birthday or 3 months of your 16th birthday while receiving the higher rate of disability living allowance.
4. Have a valid UK passport or other form if I.D.
5. Are currently not prevented from driving.
6. Can provide your address for the last 3 years.
7. Can pay the £50 fee.
Conditions and requirements do vary between applying online or via post. For further details please refer to:
Once you are in possession of your provisional licence you are clear to start your driving lessons. If you choose to do this without using a driving instructor you must make sure of the following:
1. Your vehicle is road worthy and you are legally covered to drive, with valid tax and insurance.
2. Have “L” plates clearly displayed on the front and back of your vehicle
3. You have someone accompany you who is at least 21 years old and has held, and still holds, a full UK licence for at least 3 years.
Of course we advise you use a driving instructor, preferably an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor). At “L2P” we provide a fully qualified ADI. Call us for more info 07872831748.